The attributes property allows you to add additional data to your products, such as size, colour, or material.
Attributes can be used to create variations of a product, or to simply provide more information about a specific product.
Ensure that WooCommerce is installed and active.
- Navigate to the WordPress dashboard.
- Find Products under WooCommerce in dashboard menu.
- Find Attributes and click to open.
- The attributes page is where you add and manage your attributes.
- When you first open the page, the Attribute window will indicate that "No attributes currently exist" until you create some.
- To add a new Attribute, open the Attributes page and add the name of the desired attribute.
- The "slug" will be added automatically later.
- Alternately, you may want to add a specific slug.
The Enable Archives box allows you to have a page for the specified attribute with all the products available inside.
- To enable "Enable Archives?", check the box. A tick will appear to confirm that it is enabled.
The Type property determines how the attribute's values should be displayed on the front end.
- You can choose from Select, Button, Colour or Image.
Creates a dropdown list of options, from which the user can select one item (or multiple if allowed).
Creates a button which the user can use to select a particular attribute.
Adds a colour that the user can use to select a particular attribute.
Adds an image that can be used to select a particular attribute.
This is useful for certain attributes such as materials.
Determines the sort order of the terms on the frontend shop product pages, such as Custom ordering, Name, Name (Numeric), Term ID.
If using custom ordering, you can drag and drop the terms in this attribute.
When you have completed the elements on the page, click "Add Attribute" to save your settings.
- This will add the new attribute to the attribute window.
You can edit an attribute by clicking "Edit" in the attribute window.
- This will open an "Edit Attribute" window where you can change the Name, Slug, Enable Archives, Type and/or Default sort order.
You can remove an attribute by clicking "Delete" in the attribute window.
The Configure Terms allows you to add attribute values.
- Navigate to the Attributes window.
- Click "Configure Terms" to open the Edit Attribute page.
Here you can create, edit and remove attribute values. Attribute terms can be assigned to products and variations.
Deleting a term will remove it from all products and variations to which it has been assigned. Recreating a term will not automatically assign it back to products.
Until you have created some values, a message will appear that tells you that no value has been found.
The name you add will be the one that appears on your site.
The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
The description is not prominent by default; however, some themes may show it.
- When you have added a term, click "Add new" to save the term.
- The new term will be visible in the Attribute Terms window.
If you hover over an Attribute Term, a clickable "Edit" link will open.
- Click to open an Edit Attribute Terms window where you can edit the Term.
- You can edit the Name, the Slug or the Description.
- Click the "Update" button to save the changes.
- Click "Delete" to permanently delete the selected Term.
This allows you to edit the Name or Slug within the page.
Allows you to delete a term.
Allows you to view an Attribute Term.