The Smart Inserter is visible when you select a nestable Cwicly block. It allows you to quickly insert a set of useful blocks above, inside or below the selected block.
It is available for nestable blocks such as Sections, Divs, Accordion Headers, Tab Contents, Tab Content, Tab List, Tab, Query and Column blocks.
The Smart Inserter is activated by default but if you wish to Deactivate it or Reactivate it, this is possible from the Role Editor.
- Open the Role Editor in the Cwicly tab.
- Find the Cwicly Smart Inserter under Gutenberg Editor heading.
- Toggle on/off as required.
- Hover over the "+" sign under or over the block.
- A selection of frequently used blocks becomes visible including: Section, Div, Heading, Paragraph, Button, Icon, Columns
- Click the required block to add it within your block.
- To add a block above or below the selected block, hover over the "+" sign.
- An up and down arrow will appear.
- If you want the new block added above the selected block, hover over the up arrow and select the required block.
- If you want the new block added below the selected block, hover over the down arrow and click the required block.
By Default, a WordPress core Paragraph block is added when you click the "+" or "up" and "down" icons.
- To select a new Default block, open the Global Styles tab.
- Open the Settings tab and the Defaults tab.
- Open the Default Block dropdown and select required block you want as a default block.
- This will be added by default when you click the "+" or "up" and "down" icons.